Q: Can the nasal aspirator- be used on infants?
A: Yes. The Lollababy Nasal Aspirator has been designed to clear noses for babies from 0+ ages.
Q: How is the Lollababy Nasal Aspirator different from manual-type nasal aspirators or bulb syringes?
The Lollababy Nasal Aspirator has a powerful and steady suction to remove mucus. Our aspirator’s suction method prevents babies from transmitting their infection to parents and caregivers the way other manually-operated devices do.
Q: How can it help babies?
By suctioning mucus thoroughly, the aspirator helps prevent sickness and alleviates discomfort of babies and young children who are unable to expel or clear their own blocked noses of mucus.
Nasal aspiration can help your child breather more easily and helps your child sleep better.
Q: Does it help with sucking out phlegm?
A: The Lollababy Nasal Aspirator works to suction out mucus produced in the nose, not the throat, where phelgm is essentially mucus produced by the respiratory system (the lungs). The aspirator works to clear mucus in the nose (nasal) passages only.
Q: How do I use the aspirator?
- Insert the silicone tip gently into one nostril at a time.
- Press the button and suction the mucus out for about 3 seconds.
- You may rotate the nose tip to suction excess mucus around the opening of the nostril. You will be able to hear the sound of the mucus being sucked out. Do not suction for more than 5 seconds at a time as the buzzing generated by the aspirator can ring in the infant’s head and can cause discomfort. Typically, infants who might be more sensitive to the ringing/buzzing sensations would range from newborns to about 12 months.
- This is a medical device, not a convenience product. Please observe your child when you use the aspirator on him/her. Sometimes children are not used to having things inserted into their noses for the first time. Be gentle. Praise the child for his/her good behavior when administering usage.
- Repeat until the sound of mucus suction stops. This means the nostril pathway is clear.
Q: Which tip do I use?
A: There are three types of tips.
- NEWBORN [0–3months] is designed for very small nostrils. Be gentle and careful when inserting the tip. Also do not use too often on this age group. The nasal lining is delicate and should retain its natural moisture.
- LONG REACH/GENTLE Suction [3 months+]. The long tip reaches a little deeper in the nostril and is gentler in suction.
Because the tip is smaller in diameter, it allows gaps between tip and the nostril for a less powerful suction. Good for sensitive noses. Do not insert it too deeply into baby’s nostril as it can damage the delicate nasal lining.
- POWER SUCTION [6 months+ ] The tip is bigger in diameter, filling up gaps in the open nostril.This creates a vacuum and increases the suction from the aspirator. If in doubt, please message us on Facebook, Instagram, or e-mail us with your question.
Q: What is the best way to use the product?
A: Three points to note:
- Aspirate little by little, rotating the nose tip around the nostril area to pick up mucus in the nose. Do not insert the nose tip too hard into the nostril, thus damaging the mucus lining of the nostril. Observe your infant closely for any sign of pain or discomfort. Stop aspirating immediately if there is pain or signs of a nosebleed.
- Optimise the use of the the Lollababy Nasal Aspirator by using it after your child’s bath or right after a hot meal. These are times when the mucus is softened by heat and moisture.
Proper Usage of the Power Suction Nose Tip Only Insert the silicone tip into the nostril so there it fits snugly. The mucus cannot be aspirated properly if there is a small gap between the nostril and the silicone tip. The small gap of air prevents a proper vacuum which allows for stronger suction by the aspirator.
Q: How long sold I place the nose tip of the aspirator in my baby’s nostril?
A: Apply suction for no more than 3 to 5 seconds in each nostril. Applying suction for more than 5 seconds may cause buzzing/vibrations in the baby’s ears. Monitor your baby’s face for signs of discomfort or pain and stop suctioning immediately.
Q: Are there conditions where the aspirator should not be used?
A: Do not aspirate the mucus if there are wounds and inflammation in the mucus lining of the nose inside the nostril. Also, do not use the unit after a nosebleed.
Q: How often can I use it?
A: We recommend use when your baby has a recurrent runny nose as too much nasal mucus may lead to middle ear infection caused by mucus running to the ear, sinusitis caused by inflammation, or production of sputum and cough caused by mucus running from the nasal passages down to the throat.
Q: How do I clean the aspirator?
A: You can easily remove all parts from the main body to wash under the tap, or in hot water. Sterilize using a steam sterilizer only.
Dry the main unit and accessories thoroughly before storing.
DO NOT use a dishwasher for washing the parts. Do not sterilize in a UV sterilizer as the UV rays will deteriorate the plastic and silicone.
Q: Where can I buy the Lollababy Nasal Aspirator?
You can buy the Lollababy Nasal Aspirator from our website here.
Q: Where can I get replacement parts?
You can buy all replacement parts from here.
Q: Where is it manufactured?
A: The Lollababy Nasal Aspirator is made in Taiwan. The product is approved by the US FDA (Food and Drug Administration), Europe’s CE (Conformité Européene” which literally means “European Conformity”) standards and Singapore’s HSA (Health Sciences Authority).
Q: How long will it take to receive the product?
A: It will generally require 3-5 business days (Normal Delivery $10 delivery charges applies.) from the process of payment for the order online and the delivery. Express orders received before 11 am will be delivered on the same day. Please see the options when you are checking out after making your purchase.
Within 24 – 48 hours +$20
Q: Where can I do a self-collection of my order?
A: The self-collection address is 1 Scotts Road, #24-10 Shaw Centre, Singapore 228208, from 11.30 am to 6.30 pm, Mondays to Fridays. Please indicate in your online order form if you choose this method of delivery as there is an additional charge.
Order before 5 pm to collect the next working day, between 11.30 to 6.30 pm, for an additional $5.
Q: What is your return policy?
A: Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us the nature of the problem with the aspirator. Mail the faulty aspirator back to us and upon verification of the problem, will send you a new replacement.